The international seminar on
“Innovative technologies of lidar (laser scanning) bathymetry”
October 23th, 2012, Netanya, Israel
Airborne Hydrography, Sweden
EDT Marine Construction, Israel
Airborne Hydrography The world leader in airborne bathymetrical and terrestrial lidar manufacturing Terrasoliod The world leader in airborne and terrestrial lidar data modeling software. EDT Marine Construction Cyprus based EDT Marine Construction, part of the EDT Group of companies, is the leading contractor for marine operations in the Eastern Mediterranean basin. The company provides worldwide services from the conceptual design state right through to engineering, procurement, installation and operation. Drakkar Innovative engineering company working in Israel and globally. Lidar, aerial photography and infra-red data fusion in topography applications, engineering survey, power lines inspection, mine survey and cultural heritage works.
|9:00 - 9:15||Welcome speech|
|9:15 - 10:45||Anders Ekelund, Airborne Hydrography||"LIDAR bathymetry - technology and applications"|
|10:45 - 11:15||Mika Salolahti, Terrasolid||"Terrasolid bathymetric technologies in use"|
|11:15 - 11:30||Evgeny Medvedev, Drakkar||"Experience of bathymetrical and lidar coastal line survey in the Dead Sea"|
|11:30 - 13:00||Panel discussion|
Materials to download (PDF):
1. The 2010 Taiwan Bathymetric Lidar Survey of Penghu and Dongsha Atoll
2. Chitoptera - Airborne topo- and bathymetric lidar from Airborne Hydrogrphy
- Making digital elevation models for both bathymetrical and terrestrial parts.
- Bathymetrical DTM processing: bare bed modeling, feature classification, TIN surface representation.
- The technological advantages of lidar bathymetry against sonar methods: delivering data from both land and sea floor, effective for shallow waters, efficiency does not depend on depth, no hazard for survey vehicles.
- Final accuracy on the level of IHO Order 1 requirements.
- Issues of calibration for non-standard condition (high saltiness, sediments).
- Combining with digital photo and multispectral images for feature recognition.
EDT Marine Consulting Conference center
9, Pinkas David St.,
Northern Industrial Zone, Netanya